Caring For Our Place on the Prairie
FEBRUARY TO DO LIST
• Spray fruit and deciduous trees and shrubs with horticultural oil sprays.
• Gather branches of quince, forsythis and flowering cherries and bring inside to force blooms.
• Bring forcing bulbs inside for indoor color.
• Service garden machinery.
• Check for fungus gnats around windows and soil of potted plants.
• Begin planning or reevaluating your existing perennial beds for various colors, textures and forms.
• Make sure Spruce trees are adequately watered. Three or more dry winters can take their toll.
Water roses if winter snow was minimal.