Caring For Our Place on the Prairie
Falcon Garden Club
JANUARY TO DO LIST
• Check stored bulbs for drying, sprouting or rot.
• Browse through seed and plant catalogs.
• Pick up a new gardening book and plan your vegetable garden or flower garden.
• Check windows and house plants for fungus gnats.
• Give all houseplants a shower.
• Consider potting bulbs, such as daffodils and narcissus, tulips, crocus, hyacinth, grape hyacinth and iris for forced blooming.
• Begin keeping a garden journal, evaluate last summer's successes and failures.
• Clean, sharpen, repair and oil garden tools.
Water trees and shrubs if there is no snow cover and daytime temperatures are above freezing.
Adjust houseplant watering to winter heat and humidity.