Caring For Our Place on the Prairie
JULY TO DO LIST
• Pinch vine ends on indeterminate or heirloom tomatoes; not bush tomatoes.
• Mound soil around base of potatoes.
• Watch for spider mites on ornamental evergreens such as spruce and arborvitae.
• Weed and fertilize rhubarb and asparagus beds, and water deeply to develop roots for next year's crop.
• Look for signs of Tomato Hornworms, control with Bacillus thuringiensis.
Continue to apply mulch on flower and vegetable gardens to keep cool and retain moisture.