MAY TO DO LIST
• Plant dahlias and cannas after last frost.
• Plant chrysanthemums for fall color.
• Fertilize roses; watch for powdery mildew and black spot.
• Avoid using "weed and feed" materials on the lawn; spot spray for weeds instead.
• Continue to plant fall root or leaf crops every two weeks for a continuous harvest.
Apply 1-2 inches of organic mulch between flowers to retain moisture and control weeds; add organic matter.
If you do not have an automatic sprinkler system, water your trees with a bubbler at the end of a hose at a low rate, at several locations beyond the drip line. Delay pruning at lest two weeks before the last spring frost.