Caring For Our Place on the Prairie
OCTOBER TO DO LIST
• Incorporate organic matter into the vegetable garden soil after the season is over.
• Prune all fall bearing canes, mulch with clean, weed-free straw or chipped wood mulch.
• Plant daffodils, tulips or crocus for spring bloom.
• Dig, clean and store tuberous begonias, cannas, dahlias and gladiolas before frost.
• Recycle materials from garden clean up; do not compost diseased or insect infested materials.
• Cover asparagus and rhubarb beds with manure or compost.
• Plant garlic for next summer's harvest.
Blow our your sprinkler system.